I’ve been following Frieda’s blog for quite a while now, and today she posted a list of 30 things. She will be responding to one item on the list every day, and challenged her friends to do the same. Since lately, I’ve wandered from blogging very much, I thought this might be a fun way to get in some writing each day… for 30 days Why don’t you do the same?
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
Here we go…
Day 1: List 20 random facts about yourself.
- I am a coffee drinker.
- I wear socks to bed. (Hey, I’m in Michigan!)
- I have never been able to water ski.
- Hot air balloon rides are fun. I want to do it again!
- I would like another dog. I miss Gretzky, our golden retriever.
- If I could move anywhere, I’d like to live in Montana on the side of a mountain overlooking a stream.
- A month-long visit to England would be wonderful!
- I taught quilting at Paducah and Houston in the 1980’s.
- I have four chapters of a novel written. Chapter five is just a dream.
- I don’t know why, but I have always loved owls.
- I have 6 siblings, but only one that I have lived with.
- I am a Geek.
- With an iPhone.
- If you locked me in a big library alone for a weekend, I would be extremely happy.
- I enjoy research
- and I love doing genealogy (my husband’s family, my adopted family, my biological family)
- I am a volunteer for the website www.findagrave.com
- I am now officially the President of the Evening Star Quilt Guild in Davison, Michigan
- My hubby and I just celebrated our 37th anniversary
- In the last 2 years, I have lost almost 150 pounds.
Would you like to participate? Just copy the list and put it on your blog. Then each day, do an item from the list. I’m going down the list in order, but you are free to do it however you’d like. For me, it’s a way to write more. If you’re going to participate, won’t you leave your blog address in the comment area below so we can follow along with you?